VR 5.1.0 continues the legacy of VR by combining all of the performance and optimization in the current version of VR with enhancements that will benefit both new and veteran users.
Enhanced QSAM support
QSAM support has been further enhanced to include:
- Additional support for address spaces experiencing “region stress” issues.
- Additional support for the use of R31 buffers where possible.
- Additional support for buffer pool storage monitoring and reclamation.
Enhanced VSAM support
VSAM support has been further enhanced to include:
- Enhanced BLSR support. VR now dynamically determines the originator of LSR requests (application or BLSR) and customizes optimization accordingly.
- The interface has been re-structured and is now faster, especially when gathering statistics.
Reduced product footprint
- The R24 (“Below-the-line”) footprint for VR VSAM interface has now been reduced to less than 512 bytes.
- VR’s rule sets have been condensed. Less CPU is needed when searching for the optimal rule.
Enhanced user interface
User customization of VELOCI-Raptor has been greatly simplified so that DCF can now be used for all product customization. DCF can be used to:
- Dynamically override all VELOCI-Raptor global settings.
- Dynamically select specific optimization rules (for example, forcing the use of either LSR or NSR).
- Dynamically apply overrides to selected optimization rules.
Corporations changing utilities or consolidating and standardizing on VELOCI-Raptor will benefit from the Conversion-Assist feature which is now integrated into the base product.
- In most cases, the Conversion-Assist feature will aid in the conversion from a user’s existing performance optimization tool to VELOCI-Raptor by ensuring product segregation.
- During a VR trial, it allows the trialing of VR without modification to the current performance optimization product’s environment. The current product can remain active.
- During a conversion to VR, it eliminates the need to manually migrate optimizations from one product to another, along with the need to stop one product in order to use the other. Additionally, upon customer provision of some basic configuration details, it can allow the reproduction of the previous performance optimization tool’s environment into VELOCI-Raptor.
- During an upgrade from a previous VR release, it allows the flexibility of running VELOCI-Raptor 5.1.0 alongside the previous VR release, and thus enhancing and simplifying the entire process.