UDM 3.2 Release Announcement
Dino-Software is pleased to announce Version 3 Release 2 of Universal Data Mananger (UDM).
UDM’s GUI interface provides a consolidated global view of the enterprise z/OS Storage environment.
With the ease of mouse click, users can:
- Automate the management of z/OS objects by dynamically reacting to Console messages or conditions, or users can schedule timed processes to interrogate the status of an object.
- Monitor the status of z/OS objects via the centralized monitor, which allows a user to view and react to alerts from all z/OS Systems via a single GUI window.
- Report on all aspects of enterprise z/OS Storage subsystems centrally, in real time or historically, using SQL filters. Using a single request, for example, a user can view in a central window the status of Storage groups on all of their z/OS Systems.
- Maintain z/OS Systems using the Command or JCL interfaces which allow users to centrally define, store and run Z/OS commands or JCL decks.
- Simplify z/OS maintenance tasks using the supplied Explorers, Wizards, and Object management facilities.
Simplified installation, minimal customization and pre-configured processes empower users to install and gain the benefits from UDM in minutes rather than days like other products on the market.
New Features with UDM 3.2
- New tab, By Area, on the Navigation tree to allow viewing all UDM items related to the selected storage object
- New option, Export to PDF, to allow displays to be exported in PDF format
- Print option added to allow printing of displays
- Ribbons have now replaced the existing toolbars for accessing features within the product
- 100-byte passphrases and one-time passwords now supported
- Unload option now allows you to unload different object types to a single unload file
- Virtual tables now used which preserve PC resources and dramatically reduce footprint size
- Key columns are now frozen to ensure they are always visible when scrolling left and right within the display
- Automation Action=Email available to indicate an Email with the selected format should be sent to the defined recipients
- Automation Action=WTO available to indicate a WTO should be issued to the master console
- Automation option type=When message issued allows threshold to be defined to indicate if the trap occurs a designated number of times in a defined period, it is disabled for a specified duration
- Automation option type=When job ends now allows criteria to be specified to indicate the acceptable completion code of the dependent schedule
- Automation option type=When Schedule ends now allows acceptable end return code to be specified
- Automation option type=When Schedule starts allows automation to occur when selected job starts
- Automation option type=When UDM starts allows automation to occur when UDM starts
- New #KEY# variable allows calling of a schedule from Storage Group and Volume Pool monitoring, passing the key to be translated
- New MSGPARSE function allows user to obtain specific text from a triggered message
- Run-time statistics override option allows defining, at a schedule level, how long run-time information should be retained
- Schedule Month Days option now allows specification of Last day of month
- Schedule Month Weeks option now allows user to specify which weeks of the month to run the schedule
- When generating card image statements, the submit option now allows user to designate submit as Command or JCL
- Monitoring interface initial display performance improved by obtaining only summary information
- Monitoring interface refactored to use metro tiles, providing a more standard Windows experience
- New option, Assign to Area, allows association of a command to a location within the By Area Navigation tree
- New option, Assign to Area, allows association of a JCL deck to a location within the By Area Navigation tree
- Monitoring function now available to be called directly from the Storage group and Volume pools explorers
- New Esoteric Pools explorer allows easy, web-style navigation drilling down to show units and volumes associated with the Esoteric pools
- New Online Volumes explorer allows easy, web-style navigation drilling down to show datasets on the volumes and their associated meta data
- New Volume Pools explorer allows easy, web-style navigation drilling down into user defined pools to show volumes associated to the pool and datasets associated to the pools or volumes
- DFSMShsm automatic functions reports enhanced with drill downs to allow viewing what happened during the automatic processing cycle
- Graph option allows format of graph to be modified after creation
- Graph option allows graphs to be printed
- Stacked bar added as a graph option
- Mini graphs added to represent Storage Group and Volume Pool usage graphically
- No limit on the number of lines which can be displayed
- Output from CSV, HTML and Host readable report formats can now be displayed directly by UDM
- Storage group and Volume Pool history can now be summarized by Year, Month, Day and Hour to provide a summary of the high and low usage during specific periods
- Submit wizard modified to perform a check on the input dataset to ensure the dataset exists prior to submitting the query
- Substantial coding improvements to speed up reports and reduce their footprints
- New feature to allow a direct Edit of any UDM parameters directly from the GUI
- Host system definitions and User profile interface refactored to allow for new authentication processes to support stronger security requirements such as one-time passwords and passphrases