How can RTD save me money?
Take Advantage of New Opportunities in Disk Space Management
- Guarantees optimal, cost-effective disk space utilization at all times, particularly in 24×7 operations
- Runs continuously, thus freeing you of long defrag runs during batch windows at night and maintenance windows on weekends
- Results in considerable savings in terms of both disk space and access times
- Prevents disruptions of jobs and production due to insufficient disk space and assures the best conditions when files are being accessed
- Usually pays for itself within one year
- Renders faster processing possible by combining separate file areas
- Works automatically and inconspicuously in the background in accordance with your instructions
- Supports you in your efforts to provide 24×7 service that is free of disruption
- Affords you the opportunity, in Simulation Mode, to plan for and test the best possible results for your production environment
- Monitors success via online reports
- Requires very little in terms of resources or CPU time
- RTD supports Release, Combine and Defrag processing for datasets allocated on all z/OS supported DASD including EAV volumes
Multiple Address Space (MAS) support allows large installations to process up to 28 volumes concurrently while automatically balancing I/O activity across the DASD configuration.
Fast Replication Option (FRO) provides support for FlashCopy Version 2 and Virtual Array devices resulting in optimal I/O performance and minimal dataset enqueue times.
Preserve Mirror (PM) support provides full support for devices using Remote Pair FlashCopy to maintain business continuity in z/OS environments with continuous dataset operations. Additional RTD selection filters and processing options allow the user to easily control this environment.