z/OS 3.1 Support
- Full support for IBM’s z/OS 3.1 operating system and earlier
- RAPTOR support for DFSMSrmm V3R1
- Support for IBM changes to DEVTYPE macro
T-REX Product Enhancements
- The STEPLIB data set concatenation limitation for REORG tasks AMXMAIN/AMTREXRG has been removed.
- A warning message will be issued if the IDCSYSIN DD is specified and the INPLACE option is used.
- RLS considerations have been added to ensure the STORAGE class has a CACHE set specified, along with additional messages.
- The REORG command now includes support allowing SUSPEND/RESUME of catalogs, providing further system validation and an additional layer of protection for catalogs during the REORG process.
- The REORG command has been enhanced to validate the VOLCAT name being used if SIMULATE and REDEFINEOBJECT have been specified, further protecting catalog integrity.
- The REORG command gives the user the option to request WTO messages during operation.
- INTEGRITYCHECK has a new optional SETRETURN keyword, allowing override specification of the return code when corrective control cards are generated.
- INTEGRITYCHECK now supports the AGE(number) option for the IC OBJECT(CS) focus(BCS) command, allowing the user to specify the number of days to focus the operation.
- Message AMSE2895I has been changed to AMSE2895W.
- The ANALYZE command will now determine if the CI size is large enough to account for all the allocated space in the Data component and issue a message if unusable CIs are detected.
- New WTO messages will be issued for both ANALYZE and EXPORT commands if a catalog is approaching the 4GB limit.
- The ICFRU command fully supports the new SMF 16-byte timestamp feature available in z/OS 3.1.0.
- New options and keywords have been added to print selected BCS, VVDS, or VTOC records.
- New summary reports have been added to the REPORT OBJECT( SPACE) command.
- OBJECT(SPACE) FOCUS(BCS)
- OBJECT(SPACE) FOCUS(VOL)